Home Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
We understand the trauma fire damage can cause to families. We can be on site within 30 minutes to secure your home and give you peace of mind.
MGM Restoration's emergency crews are on call 24/7 and will provide immediate board-up and short term accommodations. Our goal is to restore your property to its pre-damage condition while providing total support and the least amount of inconvenience to you and your family.
Our fire and smoke restoration services include but are not limited to:
- Debris Removal
- Treatment & Removal of Smoke, Soot & Odor
- Ozone Treatment
- Thermal Fogging
- Decontamination of HVAC Systems
- Indoor Air Quality Control (HEPA Air Scrubbers)
- Full Damage Reconstruction
What to expect after a fire:
Even a small fire in a typical home or apartment can cause serious damage. In most residential fires, the damage from smoke, flames, heat, and water renders a home unlivable. Items that didn't get burned are now saturated with water or chemicals used to extinguish the flames. Walls and furniture are damaged from smoke and soot. Walls and roofs may have had holes cut in them from firefighters releasing heat or looking for hidden fire.
To protect yourself and your family, do not enter your home after a fire unless the fire department says it is safe to go in. Fires can restart, and roofs and walls may be weakened. The fire department will make sure your utilities are safe to use, or disconnect them. Do not turn on your water, electricity, or gas without professional assistance. Do not eat any food items left in your home.
What to do after a fire:
Make sure you have a safe place to stay.
- You will need a place to live while your home is being rebuilt
- Make sure any pets are found and comforted
- If needed, contact a local disaster relief service like the American Red Cross or Salvation Army for assistance in finding shelter, food, clothing, and medicine
Secure your premises.
- Contact MGM Restoration for evaluation and board up
- Contact the Police Department to let them know you will not be living at home for a while
- Ask for a Fire Report from the fire department
- Contact your Insurance Company to verify coverage and get information on what you need to make a claim
The recovery team at MGM Restoration will work with your insurance agency and adjuster.
We will negotiate your claim and help you get the most out of your coverage. MGM Restoration has been restoring homes destroyed by fire since 2005. With expertise in fire safety and construction, they are the number one choice of homeowners in Southeast Michigan.